Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arnorian Riders Forum Index -> Producers letter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanalathiel
Officer
The Go getter

re: Producers letter; Major 2015 Initiatives:

Hello all! I’m Athena “Vyvyanne” Peters, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online.

Thank you for welcoming me. I am really excited to be exploring Tolkien’s world and all the adventures that have and will take place here!

2014 was a great year for LOTRO, and we hope you agree! Our focus for the year was expanding our story into Gondor, improving Epic Battles with Pelargir, and introducing a new class – the Beorning. Our progress in these areas sets us up for ambitious goals in 2015.

Our story continues in 2015 with both Osgiliath and Minas Tirith! Although there will be multiple updates throughout the year, these major locations will be the focus of our largest releases. Each expands the world of Middle-earth even further, and puts us in view of the Ephel Dúath and Mordor itself.

Major 2015 Initiatives:

Legendary Items: With the Osgiliath update, you will be able to Imbue Level 100 Legendary Items. An Imbued item continues to gain experience and will no longer need to be deconstructed to advance. These items are already in internal testing! There are many details still to work out, but you should expect a developer diary on the topic early this year.

New Fellowship Challenges: As we push into the heart of the War of the Ring, this is the perfect time for us to renew our focus on group content and instances. Expect new instances in Osgiliath, along with additional Roving Threats and group content on the landscape.

Quality of Life: We have been workingto identify your most persistent bugs. You can expect a renewed focus on resolving issues that may be small but troublesome, to improve overall gameplay experience.

Episodic Content: We are currently in development on a new type of quest content that will roll out like an episodic TV show, a little at a time, as you follow a new friend across Middle-earth seeing familiar places in a new light.

Server Populations: Based on your feedback, we’re taking measures to get everyone onto the more populous servers, so that finding parties is easier and festivals and live events are more fun. We are working on both improved server transfer tools and upgrades to our environments to improve playability. Also we will be moving our European servers back to the EU! More details on this coming soon!

PvMP: The team is also seriously investigating a new PvMP map in Osgiliath. This landscape would tell the story of the Battle of Osgiliath, and the layout of the city (split by the Anduin) is perfect for smaller and more tightly focused conflicts than the Ettenmoors. This would make the perfect platform for gradual improvements to the PvMP experience, overall. We’ll provide additional updates on this initiative as we get deeper into 2015.

And that is just for the first half of the year! Stay tuned for more detail on all of the above and more on what will come along with Minas Tirith as we get deeper into the year. As always we look forward to your feedback and suggestions as we take this journey together.

We look forward to seeing you in Middle-earth as LOTRO enters its 8th year!

Happy New Year!

Vyvyanne

Du kan læse original versionen her

Bemærk at de flytter alle EU servere tilbage til Europa! Hell yeah! Det tror jeg da nok vi er mange som ser frem til + at der kommer nyt fellowship indhold i form af bla. instances. 

Servere tilbage til EU  Forhåbentlig giver det bedre tider for latency, og sikrer en bedre spil oplevelse fremover.

Nye Instances ... Det var de næsten tvunget til at lave. Flere år UDEN nogen nye instances (BB har jo intet med instances at gøre imo.) har virkelig presset LOTRO raidere verden over ud i seriøse overvejelser, om at finde andre græsgange. Forhåbenlig vil mange stikke piben ind igen og holde fast ved LOTRO 

Opgradering af våben har været annonceret, som værende på planlægnings bordet, for snart et godt stykke tid siden. Vi vil nok alle værdsætte muligheden for at genbruge LI, og derved undgå at starte forfra. Lige nu er det vist kun fra level 100 og fremad, man kan opgradere sine LI, men hvem ved? Måske kommer det til at gælde fra lvl 50.. Hørte i et developer klip, at de absolut så det som en mulighed.

PVMP får et nyt område... Lyder som en god tilføjelse... Tættere mere intense kampe.. Ikke dårligt. Kan nok appellere til endnu flere PVP'ere. Noget man kan fornemme, der er brug for.

Spændende nyt alt i alt..

Edit: Ved at læse nærmere i forum, er følgende bekræftet:

Nye instances ER nyt instance cluster (3 og 6 mands) MEN INGEN raid. Nye Raid's ? Ikke i 2015.

i 2015 bliver vi ved level 100.  Undres, som andre i forum, over hvad vi så skal bruge ændringen i LI systemet til? 

Lille_Blegfis
Officer

Det bliver helt sikkert herligt at få EU serverne tilbage igen. Jeg er ligeledes ganske sikker på, at der er mange glade ansigter der.

Mht. til alle de andre opdateringer, så savner jeg lige som Praclo et ordentligt Raid. Der er har ikke været noget siden lvl 85 The Tower of Orthanc. BB har aldrig rigtigt fanget min interesse, så det eneste der spillemæssigt pt. holder mig online er oplevelsen i at queste samt de sociale events.

Men lad os se hvad der sker - det kan være at, der kommer mere end der står i mellem linjerne :O)

'With the first light of dawn the gods of the abyss rose up; the seven judges of hell raised their torches, lighting the land with their livid flame. A stupor of despair went up to heaven when the god of the storm turned darkness to daylight, when he smashed the land like a cup. The tempest raged, gathering fury as it went, it poured over the people like the tides of battle; a man could not see his brother nor the people be seen from heaven. Even the gods were terrified, they fled to the highest heaven, they crouched against the walls, cowering like curs. The very Queen of Heaven cried out like a woman in travail.'
Henk The Awesome
Medlem

Endelig endelig endelig, det har vi da skreget efter længe :).

Lotro back to it's glory.

Episodic Content lyder lovende, men jeg har ikke nogen klar idé om hvad det indebærer. Der var et par kommentarer på LotRO Forum om at det formentlig bliver samme koncept som Star Trek Online bruger, men jeg ved intet om STO. Er der nogen der ved mere?

Imbued Items bliver fedt. Det vil få ens våben til at føles mere ægte legendarisk.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arnorian Riders Forum Index -> Producers letter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: